This workshop is dedicated to who really want to understand the magic behind the art nude light set-up.
During the evening we will carefully discuss on how to setup our lights as well as how the studio environment can be interpreted and moulded to emphasise the shapes of the body and the overall strength of our images through light effects, props and scenography.
through the shooting we will search for different angles and change our framings to explore and obtain a wide selection of different and powerful images.
Outline of the day:
- Discusssion and decision on the shoot concept: model’s make-up and hair are done accordingly. We will work with a professional model selected for her particular skill and for her characteristics and peculiarities.
- Introduction and explanations to lighting and light set ups focus on our creative ideas for the shoot.
- Lighting set up: during the workshop we will show to you at least 2 different light set up, you will also receive the written explanation of it.
- Shooting. Everyone has their time to be the main photographer and shoot using thelighting and direct the model. The rest of the group can either keep on shooting or assist the main photographer.
- Creative shooting and composition tips.
-then we will be happy to receive your best pictures of the shooting, upload it on our Gallery and comment it with any advices for your postproduction !
TUTOR - Luca Monti is an award-winning fashion and creative photographer. He is also a very well known printer for many of the most important photographers worldwide.
Luca was born in Roma, 1972. His career as an artist began whilst still at High School, and shortly following, offered solo and collective shows at the age of sixteen.
Luca has now been working in the photography industry for over 25 years; and is also continually active with events and talks, and invited to judge photography competitions.
Luca has been successfully teaching photography workshops for most of his career, refining and adapting his teaching techniques, collaborating with famous photography schools in Rome, Paris, NYC and in London and with a professional and talented creative team of models, wardrobe stylists, make-up artists and hair stylists.
Our model for this event will be Anansie :
- Presentation and introduction to the workshop
- Outline of make up and styling
- Briefing on how to prepare the studio set
- Explanation of the light setup
- First shooting session
- 10 minutes break and variation of the light setup
- Second shooting session
- Final thoughts
Focus on technique : Metering
What you need to bring ?
It is not important which camera you will bring along with you and we are very keen to welcome film cameras whether it is a 35mm camera or a medium format camera, arrangements can be made to hire cameras if you don’t own one or if you want to try something different, please ask when booking.
If you have a Compact, Hybrid or Bridge camera you can still take part in this course, we guarantee to show how to get fantastic pictures with all types of cameras.
We suggest to have a lens that will allow you to crop to half length and full length figure. This would ideally be a 24-70mm (Full frame) or 18-55mm (APS size).
We will provide you with a RF trigger to work with the studio flashes in our studio if you don’t have your own.
No need to worry, just bring your creativity and your passion for photography !
Time: from 6.30pm to 9.30pm