This workshop is dedicated to who really want to understand the magic behind the art nude light set-up.
During the evening we will carefully discuss on how to setup our lights as well as how the studio environment can be interpreted and moulded to emphasise the shapes of the body and the overall strength of our images through light effects, props and scenography.
through the shooting we will search for different angles and change our framings to explore and obtain a wide selection of different and powerful images.
The event will take place at Milk+ Studio, a professional photography studio, and for Meetup members the price will be £45 compared to the normal fee of £80. It will last 3 hours and at the end of the workshop we will discuss and exchange impressions and suggestions.
Outline of the day:
- Discusssion and decision on the shoot concept: model’s make-up and hair are done accordingly. We will work with a professional model selected for her particular skill and for her characteristics and peculiarities.
- Introduction and explanations to lighting and light set ups focus on our creative ideas for the shoot.
- Lighting set up: during the workshop we will show to you at least 2 different light set up, you will also receive the written explanation of it.
- Shooting. Everyone has their time to be the main photographer and shoot using thelighting and direct the model. The rest of the group can either keep on shooting or assist the main photographer.
- Creative shooting and composition tips.
then we will be happy to receive your best pictures of the shooting, upload it on our Gallery and comment it with any advices for your postproduction !
The model for this event will be : Elle Black
It is not important which camera you will bring along with you and we are very keen to welcome film cameras whether it is a 35mm camera or a medium format camera, arrangements can be made to hire cameras if you don’t own one or if you want to try something different, please ask when booking.
If you have a Compact, Hybrid or Bridge camera you can still take part in this course, we guarantee to show how to get fantastic pictures with all types of cameras.
We suggest to have a lens that will allow you to crop to half length and full length figure. This would ideally be a 24-70mm (Full frame) or 18-55mm (APS size).
We will provide you with a RF trigger to work with the studio flashes in our studio if you don’t have your own.
No need to worry, just bring your creativity and your passion for photography !
Time: from 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Model: Elle Black -
Level: dance, portrait